As a mom of a toddler, my house is full of fruit packets for our son. I love them because not only are they easy to just grab and go, they are also something easy that my son can open. With that being said a mom from Canada is now warning parents, and caregivers.
Her son was with his grandmother last month when she handed her 18 month old grandson what she thought was a one of those fruit packets. Sadly it wasn’t it was a hand sanitzer packet. The packet had movie cartoon characters on it with the words Hand Sanitzer on the bottom. The boy was rushed to the hospital and thank goodness did not sustain any medical complications from ingesting the product.
While I know many kids have hand sanitizers in the back packs and lockers at school. We also have them in our cars, offices and homes. It’s important that we are aware of what the products look like, that we or our kids don’t mistake them for something else.