The month of February has a few things going for it, like Valentine’s Day candy and a long President’s Day weekend. But it’s also a good time to save on stuff you may need that always goes on sale this time of year. This is what the smart shoppers are getting deals on in February.
- Winter apparel – While we’re freezing outside in the middle of winter, retailers are clearing space for spring dresses and sandals. This means shoppers can save big on cold weather clothing, accessories, and shoes. Need a new coat or boots for the kids? This is the time to buy.
- Mattresses – They go on sale three times a year and February is one of them. The best deals happen around President’s Day weekend.
- Presidents’ Day sales – The holiday brings a three-day weekend and deals at lots of stores. Look for the early sales, especially if you’re shopping for home goods, because you can save big on everything from bedding to small kitchen appliances.
- Tax software – The early bird gets to save on tax-prep software. And filing your taxes sooner means you don’t have to worry about the April deadline.
But there are a few things you should pass on buying this month:
- Fresh flowers – Valentine’s Day drives prices up, so hold off on fresh blooms.
- Electronics – There are some good TV deals out there, but most electronics aren’t on sale this time of year.
- Clothing – You may be tempted because you see new inventory in your favorite shops, but wait until later in the season when prices go down and you can save.